Six writers. One blog. And the "dish" de jour.


We Want You!

Your comments and feedback are encouraged and welcomed. Please leave advice, tips, suggestions, experiences and anecdotes.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Another Direction

I reached for the door, my fingers on the cool metal handle when blue eyes spoke.
"Are you following the girl?"

Girl? Oh, yeah. I'd followed the girl in the Abecrombie & Fitch hoodie. I looked around and realized she was nowhere to be seen.

"I guess so. Where'd she disappear to?" And how could I do the same?

"You saw her come in here?"

I nodded. The guys near the urinals had straightened. I noticed one of them touch his ear. The shadow of a curly wire hugged his neck and disappeared into the collar of his dark shirt. He spoke quietly to the guy beside him who nodded. A leather shoulder holster peeked from beneath his jacket. The three sober faced compadres now stood shoulder to shoulder, their attention on Mr. Blue Eyes. A state of waiting descended on the bathroom.

"What's going on here." I asked, not sure I really wanted to know.

"You'll have to come with us, miss."

"Go where?" They surrounded me like quarry in the desert.

3 comments:

Juliet Burns said...

wow, intriguing...
How did y'all come up with the idea to do this?
Juliet

Juliet Burns said...

wow, intriguing...
How did y'all come up with the idea to do this?
Juliet

Andrea Geist said...

Wow - a surprise direction! I love it.